Notes from the newsroom
Here are some of the stories we will be following today (Tuesday):
- PML-N's Maryam Nawaz has accused Prime Minister Imran Khan of playing county cricket instead of attending her grandmother's funeral.
- The parole of PML-N leaders Shehbaz Sharif and Hamza Shehbaz will end today. Hamza will appear in court in the Ramazan Sugar Mills case.
- China's defence minister is visiting Pakistan. On Monday, he met Army Chief Qamar Javed Bajwa. More meetings are expected in the upcoming days.
- PM Khan has summoned a meeting of the Federal Cabinet. The meeting will discuss the country's economic and political situation. The cabinet will also be briefed about sugar and wheat prices.
- An anti-terrorism court in Lahore sent the suspect of the Lahore motorway rape case to jail on judicial remand. All the suspects will be presented before the court.
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) will hear Pakistan cricketer Umar Akmal’s ban appeal.
- The third coronavirus test of the national team has been taken in New Zealand. If the reports come out negative, the team will be allowed to start training.
- The price of diesel has increased by Rs4 per litre, while petrol price will remain the same for the next 15 days.
- World Aids Day is being observed across the world. The day is dedicated to raising awareness of the AIDS pandemic caused by the spread of HIV infections.
- Pakistani actor Sajal Aly was awarded for her contribution to film and Television by the Distinctive International Arab Festivals Awards (DIAFA) on Sunday.