Notes from the newsroom
Here are the news stories we expect to follow today (Saturday).
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, on the directives of the Islamabad High Court, has sent warrants for the arrest of PML-N founder Nawaz Sharif to the Pakistani High Commission in London. The High Commission will send the warrant to Nawaz’s residence today.
- PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari’s invitation to Nawaz Sharif to attend the opposition’s APC via video link from London has been accepted.
- The FBR has published its 2018 parliamentarians tax directory, which reveals that former premier Shahid Khaqan Abbasi paid more tax than PM Imran Khan’s entire cabinet combined.
- The FBR has directed Sarina Isa, the wife of Justice Qazi Faez Isa, to pay Rs35 million in taxes for not giving them a satisfactory answer. She has declared the step illegal.
- PTI leader Jahangir Tareen’s son Ali Tareen will not appear before the FIA today, despite being issued a summons. He is currently in London.
- ICYMI: Sindh is not reopening secondary classes from September 21. Education Minister Saeed Ghani announced the news at a press conference on Friday and said a decision on when to restart classes will be made after September 28.