Headlines 9am: Seven killed in roof collapses across Punjab
SAMAA TV’s headlines in English
Here are the headlines from SAMAA TV’s 9am bulletin.
- Mianwali, Attock, Lahore and Shakargarh experienced heavy rainfall last night.
- Four people were killed while three others injured in Lahore after their house roof collapsed. Three have died in Sheikhpura and Chiniot as well.
- A cloth and wood factory caught fire in Karachi's Lasbela. The blaze has now been doused. Fire brigade officials have evacated residential buildings near the factories.
- The Sukkur police arrested a man, Abdul Wahab, and his two sons for killing 11 members of their family in Pano Aqil. The victims include his wife, four daughters, two sons, daughter-in-law, grandson and granddaughter. Wahab has confessed to the murders during interrogation.
- Two men murdered their 21-year-old sister for going out to meet her friends in Faisalabad's Kamalpur. They beat her up with sticks when she returned home, the police said.
- The police have apprehended and booked seven teenagers in Sialkot, Narowal and Shakargarh for uploading videos of aerial firing on social media.
- President Dr Arif Alvi has summoned a joint session of parliament at 5pm. He will address the parliament on the ruling PTI's progress in its two years of governance.
- Pakistan observes the 49th martyrdom anniversary of Pakistan Air Force pilot officer Rashid Minhas. At 20 year old, he was the youngest PAF officer to be awarded the Nishan-e-Haider.