By: Muzammil Ahmed Ferozi Education is considered as the most powerful tool for overall progress of a nation, but it is crucial to know first what “Education” means in its real sense. In this contemporary and competitive world just to have a degree is not enough! Degree can never ascertain progress and development or success for nation or even for an individual. The notion of development here is not confined to just economic strength but also encompasses the value of individual’s freedom. The main objective of education is to increase the level of consciousness and cultivate proactive approach by cultivating creative minds. Economic up gradation and G.D.P of a country or in common language the money for an individual is a byproduct simultaneously. Allocating sufficient budget for education and training for overall development of students must be the first priority of a country, without being serious and setting a national goal, future will be obscure and uncertain for upcoming generations. Pakistan luckily has larger population of youngsters, we have raw product now it’s time to use this power in the right direction. Our system of education must be reviewed; the strategic planning is needed for the betterment of education system these steps must be taken at earliest:
- Ministry of education must be assign to an Educationist.
- Hiring professional educationists for official staff in all educational departments.
- Hiring professional Teachers and Trainers.
- Designing goal oriented syllabus which also secures our national values.
- Primary to Middle classes education must be free in Govt. institutions.
- Government must implement education policy, including syllabus for all private institutions in specific spheres.
- Publishing and printing must be of international standard and low cost.
- Establish library culture in cities and towns.
- Use electronic media specially channels for promoting education and learning attitudes.
- Competitive environment for creativity among the institutions.
- Mess-finding. Identify a goal or objective.
- Fact finding. Gathering data.
- Problem finding. Clarifying the problem.
- Idea finding. Generating ideas.
- Solution finding. Strengthen & evaluating ideas.
- Acceptance finding. Plan of action for implementing ideas.